Monday, September 5, 2016

The Song of Solomon

Today, I guess my prudishness rose to the surface, or my "good Catholic boy" background, because I did not especially enjoy my reading of Morrison's book today. The pages contained very strange and eccentric behavior by some strange, eccentric characters, and I actually came close to putting the book down and being done with it. I guess what came back is my life-long love of reading books that somehow lift me up, inspire me, teach me how to be a better person. I have only so much time to read, and so I want to carefully choose the greatest books, the ones that show insights into the inner meaning of life. Today, this book didn't seem to be one of those. I'm hoping tomorrow's reading will be less repellant and more inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment