Thursday, February 18, 2016

"True Refuge" and "Everyday Zen"

Recently I finished two marvelous books, both on spiritual topics -- True Refuge by Tara Brach, and Everyday Zen by Joko Beck. I was totally inspired by both of these books, highlighting and annotating page after page. I'm not sure I have ever read such clear and detailed explanations of how Buddhism can transform a person's life from fearfulness to peacefulness. Now that I am finished with the first reading, I may immediately start on the second!

"We release the suffering that can accompany pain by relaxing our resistance to unpleasant sensations and meeting them with an open, allowing presence." 
     -- Tara Brach

"Disappointment  is our true friend, our unfailing guide; but of course nobody likes such a friend." 
     -- Joko Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment